The Frome Society for Local Study was founded in 1958 by a number of Frome townspeople who realised there was a need to make the history of Frome and the district better known, and to preserve its historic buildings and records.
Currently, the Frome Society for Local Study is actively involved in:
- An annual programme of winter lectures.
- An annual programme of summer visits to places of interest.
- Continuing its wide range of research, donations, and publications.
President: Michael McGarvie FSA
Chair: Julian Watson 01373 465664
Vice Chair: Peter Clark 01373 300310
Secretary: Margery Hyde 01373 453395
Treasurer: Judith Macarthur 01373 453151
Membership Secretary: Janet Howard 01373 473733
see more details on ‘contact’ page.
Latest ‘Contact’ magazine is downloadable here. (Autumn 2016)
In the past. Frome Society for Local Study has:
* Helped to establish and run Frome Museum.
* Gathered and safeguarded information on Frome’s history.
* Played a leading role in conserving historic buildings, including Marston House.
* Given donations to many local projects.
* Given financial assistance for research.
* Purchased and repaired important relics.
* Provided plaques to mark buildings of interest.
* Helped to set up Frome Town Twinning.
* Published over 80 titles of historic and local interest, including 19 Year Books.
To join the FSLS please fill out a membership form, click here